There are several steps to how we handle complaints:
1. Lodging a formal complaint:
You can lodge a complaint with us using any one of the following methods:
2. How your complaint will be handled
On receiving a complaint:
- AWB will log your complaint and promptly refer it to the appropriate manager
- You will receive acknowledgement of this within 48 hours
- We will contact you to discuss the matter
- We will try to resolve the matter and propose a solution within 10 working days.
The AWB Complaints Officer will log your complaint and promptly refer it to the appropriate Manager.
3. If you accept the resolution proposed:
- AWB may ask you to sign a statement stating this
- AWB will implement the resolution
4. If you are not satisfied with the resolution of the complaint:
- For complaints which involve a Grower Purchase Contract with AWB you may choose to have your complaint reviewed by the Grain Trade Australia (GTA) in line with the AWB Terms and Conditions.
Suite 1, Level 10
66 Hunter Street
Sydney NSW 2000
Telephone: 02 9235 2155
- For complaints in relation to a PRICE+ Risk Management financial services you can choose to have the complaint resolved by the Financial Ombudsman Service Ltd (FOS). This is an independent free external complaints body available to PRICE + Risk Management customers. Cargill Australia Financial Services Pty is a member of FOS. You can contact FOS by:
Mail: Financial Ombudsman Service Ltd
GPO Box 3 Melbourne 3001
Telephone: 1300 78 08 08 or 1800 367 287 (Toll free)
Fax: 03 9613 6399
5. Checking the progress of a complaint
AWB will endeavour to abide by the above timeframes as strictly as possible, however this is dependent upon each individual complaint. Should we require more time we will discuss this with you. If you would like to know the progress of your complaint you can contact the AWB Complaints Officer on 1800 447 246.
Give us your feedback on the process
Regardless of the outcome of your complaint, you will be offered the opportunity to give us your comments on the quality, efficiency and fairness of the system by completing a survey. You can even give us suggestions on how we could improve AWB systems and processes for the benefit of all growers
Will the process limit my legal rights?
No. Nothing in the complaints process is intended to restrict the legal rights of either Growers or AWB. It is, however, expected that to reduce the need for any unnecssary legal costs. The goal in every case is to find a mutually acceptable solution by ensuring that the right people talk to one another and settle the issue.
Top of Page