How to make a formal complaint
1. Forward a written complaint to:
AWB Complaints Officer
Grower Service Centre
GPO Box 58
Melbourne Vic 3001
2. The Manager Grower Service Centre will:
- Log your complaint (if it has not already been logged). You will receive acknowledgement of this within 48 hours
- Contact you to discuss the matter
- Try to resolve the matter and propose a solution within 10 working days
3. If you accept the resolution proposed:
- AWB may ask you to sign a statement stating this
- AWB will implement the resolution
4. If you reject the resolution in writing:
- For complaints which involve a Grower Purchase Contract with AWB you may choose to have your complaint reviewed by the Grain Trade Australia (GTA) in line with the AWB General Terms and Conditions.
Suite 1, Level 10
66 Hunter Street
Sydney NSW 2000
Telephone: 02 9235 2155
Checking the progress of a complaint
AWB will endeavour to abide by the above timeframes as strictly as possible, however this is dependent upon each individual complaint. Should we require more time we will discuss this with you. If you would like to know the progress of your complaint you can contact the AWB Complaints Officer on 1800 447 246.
Give us your feedback on the process
Regardless of the outcome of your complaint, you will be offered the opportunity to give us your comments on the quality, efficiency and fairness of the system by completing a survey. You can even give us suggestions on how we could improve AWB systems and processes for the benefit of all growers
Your feedback will be included in reports to the Managing Director and Senior Management. Please complete and submit the Complaints Form or fax to the following number: 03 9690 4516.
Will the process limit my legal rights?
No. Nothing in the complaints process is intended to restrict the legal rights of either Growers or AWB. It is, however, expected that to reduce the need for any unnecssary legal costs. The goal in every case is to find a mutually acceptable solution by ensuring that the right people talk to one another and settle the issue.
Top of Page