Share Sale & Top Up Facility
AWB Limited (“AWB”) has today announced the establishment of a Share Sale & Top Up Facility (“the Facilities”) for more than 38,000 Eligible Shareholders.
Eligible Shareholders have the opportunity to either sell all of their shares or purchase an additional 500 shares, free of brokerage and without having to directly engage a stockbroker.
The Facilities are entirely voluntary and are being offered to Shareholders who hold 2,000 or less AWB B-Class shares. Employee shareholders are not eligible to participate in the Facilities.
The Facilities will open on 27 May 2002 and are scheduled to close on 26 July 2002.
Shareholder Information packs will be mailed to Eligible Shareholders prior to the opening of the Facilities and will include a letter, personalised buy and sale instruction forms and detailed Terms and Conditions.
Shareholders wishing to participate will need to sign and return either the Buy or Sell Instruction Form, which must be received by AWB’s Share Registry by no later than 5.00pm (EST) 26 July 2002.
AWB’s Managing Director, Andrew Lindberg, said that “participation in the Facilities is entirely voluntary and aimed at providing those shareholders with 2,000 or less shares with an economic and convenient way to buy or sell AWB shares on the stock market.”
“This is an opportunity for Eligible Shareholders who want to sell their AWB shares or alternatively, top up their holdings, to do so free from brokerage and handling fees and regardless of whether or not they have a relationship with a broker”, Mr Lindberg said.
The Facilities are part of AWB’s ongoing capital management initiatives. By rationalising its share register, AWB aims to operate its share register more cost efficiently.
Key elements of the Facilities include:
Participation is entirely voluntary.
Shareholders registered on AWB’s share register as holding 2,000 or less B-Class shares on 20 May 2002 are eligible to participate.
Employee shareholders are not eligible to participate.
The Facilities do not apply to or impact A class shares.
Eligible Shareholders who choose to participate in the Facilities may either sell their entire holding (up to the maximum 2,000 shares) or purchase 500 additional shares.
Shares will be traded at the volume weighted average price on the day of trading.
Cheques will be mailed within 4 business days after the day of trading.
How to participate
- Shareholders should do nothing if they don’t wish to take up the offer.
- Shareholder Information packs, including personalised buy and sale instruction forms, will be mailed to eligible shareholders on 24 May 2002.
- To participate, shareholders who are issuer sponsored will need to sign the personalised buy or sale instruction form and return it to AWB’s share registry, Computershare Investor Services Limited (“Computershare”), prior to the close of the Facilities on 26 July 2002.
- Shareholders who are broker sponsored and wish to participate in the Share Sale Facility, will need to sign the sale instruction form and return it to their sponsoring broker in time for their broker to stamp and forward the form to Computershare prior to 26 July 2002. Those shareholders who are broker sponsored and wish to participate in the Share Top Up Facility should sign the personalised buy instruction form and return it to Computershare directly, as per the issuer sponsored shareholders.
- Any shareholder believing they may be eligible, but who has not received a pack by 3 June 2002, should contact the Facilities Information Line on 1800 810 032.
For more information about the Facilities, please contact the Facilities Information Line on 1800 810 032.
For any media enquiries please contact:
Peter McBride, Media Manager T: 03 209 2174 or 0417 662 451