AWB Frost Insurance
Welcome to AWB Frost Insurance
- This policy now includes Frost into a standalone Frost, Hail and Fire policy.
- This unique product covers you for the catastrophic impacts of frost, one of the biggest destroyers of value in Australian broadacre cropping.
- The Frost cover applies to all wheat, barley and canola planted on a property.
- Maximum Frost sum insured is 80% of your selected Fire and Hail sum insured.
- Frost cover provides a flat Excess, applied across the aggregate of the crop type per property. Excess options between 20% and 50% can be selected.
- There is no Excess applicable for Fire Claims
- Reducing excess is included as standard for Hail losses and this feature works to reduce your nominated excess for bigger yield losses. If your Loss of Potential Yield per Field exceeds 20%, the Excess will be reduced by 0.5% for every 1% increase over and above the said 20%
- Additional benefits also available.
- Rates will depend on your specific region reflecting the frost, Hail and Fire risk profile of your region. Please note Frost cover will not be offered in some regions this year.
Additional benefits can be included in your policy, including coverage for:
- Harvested and stored grain;
- Grain in transit;
- Chemical over spray
- Fire mitigation and fire-fighting.
- If growers wish to cut for hay after a frost event, they should liaise with the loss adjuster and follow policy terms and conditions.
- A waiting period of 5 days before the frost cover attaches.
Getting a quote is free and easy
- Phone our Account Management Team on 1800 447 246.
- Quotes will be issued within 1-2 business days.
- Quotes are valid for 14 day and will not be available after 31st July
- You will not be insured unless your quote is converted to a policy.
Cover commences after the nominated waiting period (Approximately 2 days for Hail and Fire cover and 5 days for Frost cover.
- Frost - Frequently Asked Questions
- Frost Identification Guide for Cereals
- Frost Monitoring
- Managing Frost Risk
Cargill Australia Limited (Cargill) ABN 42 004 684 173 t/as AWB is an Authorised Representative (AR No. 000410006) of Weather Risk Management Solutions Pty Ltd (WRMS) ABN 60 003 720 705 (AFS Lic No 233798) when arranging this insurance. The insurance is issued by Crop Risk Underwriting Pty Ltd (CRU) as Managing Agent for Swiss Re International SE Australia Branch ABN 38 138 873 211, (AFS Lic No. 355088) and is an Authorised Representative (AR No. 001274350) of Weather Risk Management Solutions Pty Ltd ABN 60 003 720 705 (AFS Lic NO. 233798).
DISCLAIMER: The information on this website or in the brouchure(s) is only a summary and of a general nature. It does not take your specific needs or circumstances into consideration, so you should look at your own financial position, objectives and requirements and seek financial advice before making any financial decisions. Please refer to the Policy wording for the full terms and conditions of the cover being offered. AWB act as agent of the insurer and not as your agent when arranging insurance.