Multi Grade Contract
While there are rewards in committing to the delivery of a particular quality, seasonal variations can mean that you may be uncertain as to what quality of grain you will produce. AWB Multi Grade Contracts assist you in managing the quality risk. You are able to establish a base price for your grain and have the flexibility to fix the grade spreads at any time up until the 1st of October in that crop year.
How does it work
- You nominate the quantity of grain that you’d like to contract
- An AWB Multi Grade contract is agreed
- You can choose to leave the grade spreads floating or fix them at any time up until the 1st of October within that crop year. If the grade spreads have not been fixed by the 1st of October AWB will fix these for you at the current values.
- You can deliver any of the agreed grades against the contract.
- AWB will pay you the applicable price for each grade delivered within our agreed payment terms
Multi Grade Wheat
Based on an APW base price you can deliver all major grades of wheat from feed quality to high protein milling grades.
Multi Grade Milling Wheat
Offering a price premium over standard Multi Grade Wheat prices this contract is based on APW and the grade spreads are limited to milling quality grades.
Multi Grade Noodle Wheat
For farmers growing noodle varieties of wheat this contract with a price based on ANW1 has spreads across all major grades.
Multi Grade Durum Wheat
For farmers growing durum varieties of wheat this contract based on DR1 has spreads across all major grades.
Multi Grade Feed Barley
Based on an F1 base price you can deliver all main feed barley grades at a known spread.